Translate

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Turning Frog by Elenco

The Turning Frog kit was not hard to assemble. The Turning Frog is controlled with sound. Some of the components making up the robot include a microphone attached to a variable resistor for controlling sound sensitivity, and two integrated circuit: 4069 hex inverter and 4017 counter. The mechanical parts are small but come together on a wood chassis attached to two gear boxes. When the microphone detects sound, the robot executes four moves in the following pattern: forward, stop, left turn, stop, right turn, stop. I had some help from Marc of Elenco email customer service. I lost two very small parts. Marc had them to me in a few days. In closing, I think the Turning Frog is just as complex as the last three Robots, it was simpler, but just as fun. Watch the video staring: Turning frog and voice by my father. I had fun recording this with him.   








No comments:

Post a Comment